Applications for the NSW Government's COVID-19 Business Grant, are closing soon on Monday 13 September, 2021 at 11:59pm. With just a few days left, if you are eligible for the grant, please reach out to your Client Director as soon as possible so we can assist with eligibility and the accountants letter required for your submission.
The COVID-19 Business Grant is designed for NSW businesses, sole traders or not-for-profit organisations impacted by the current NSW lockdown.
How much will you receive?
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on your decline in turnover:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more
This decline in turnover needs to be recorded over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021 compared to:
- the same period in 2019, or
- the same period in 2020, or
- the 2 weeks immediately prior to any restrictions (12 June to 25 June 2021)
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active ABN
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available
- have had total annual Australian wages of $10 million or less on 1 July 2020
- have maintained your employee headcount from 13 July 2021
- for non-employing businesses, have your primary income source come from this business. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
Any other deadlines I should be aware of?
Please note, JobSaver and Micro-Business Grant applications will close 18 October 2021 at 11:59pm.