The Residential Tenancy Support Payment is now available to eligible landlords who agree to reduce the rent of COVID-19 impacted tenants from 14 July 2021.
Landlords are able to make separate claims for each rental property you own. The amount per tenancy has increased from $1,500 to a maximum of $4,500 or the amount of reduced rent - whichever amount is lower.
To be eligible for the payment you must:
- be a landlord or managing agent
- have proof of the residential tenancy agreements with your tenant(s)
- have reduced the rent for your COVID-19 impacted tenants from 14 July 2021
- the property must be the tenant's principal place of residence
- residential premises being used for commercial purposes are not eligible
The NSW Government is also providing land tax relief for both commercial and residential properties where the tenant's rent has been reduced. You can apply for the land tax relief or the residential tenancy support payment - you cannot apply for both.
For more information and to apply directly, please click here.