Businesses impacted by lockdowns in NSW can now apply for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Grant, with applications open from today.
This payment is a one-off sum between $7,500 - $15,000 for businesses with turnover between $75,000 and $50m.
You will also need to show at least a 30% decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 - 26 July 2021 compared to the same period in June and/or July 2019.
You will also need to maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021
- This refers to the number of permanent staff employed (full-time, part-time and casual staff who have been employed in the business for over 12 months)
- Maintain headcount means keeping the employer-employee relationship consistent with employment law. Employers will however remain eligible if team members voluntarily resign.
Please note that even if you don't meet the above criteria, but have been impacted, you may be able to apply for special consideration with Service NSW directly by calling them on 13 77 88. This is for situations including if you've started your business since July 2019.
For more information, please click here.
How do I apply?
1. Apply online here at Service NSW (please note that we cannot do this for you)
2. To apply you will need:
- A MyServiceNSW Account
- Proof of identity
- Valid ABN/ACN number
- Your business banking details for payment
- Australian income tax return or Notice of Assessment for the year ended 2020
- Registered tax agent details
- Lodge other supporting documents as required to demonstrate you meet the eligibility criteria.
- If you are applying for the full $15,000 OR your business is not on the highly impacted list you'll need to submit a letter from a registered tax agent - please get in contact with your Client Director to arrange
Please ensure that all information you submit to Service NSW is accurate. If you are unsure about anything at all, please get in contact with your Kelly+Partners Client Director as Service NSW will be closely monitoring payments and if overpaid, you will be required to pay the amount back with interest and potential penalties added.
NSW Treasurer, Dominic Perrottet has said applications will be processed in 4-5 days due to demand.
You can also find further details below: